Mexican food without salsa and dancing without Samba, are things that can never be imagined. If you are a devoted follower of Mexican recipes, you will never be able to miss the great taste and variety of the salsa. The method of preparing the salsa is also very simple. You just have to know the basics of cutting, chopping, mincing and garnishing. There are many types of salsa made of different veggies. But most of them contain onion, tomato and spices as the traditional ingredients. You can also use plenty of cut and dry fruits for garnishing the salsa.
Tomato and Cucumber Slices Salsa
- 1 large cup tomato finely-chopped
- 1 cup sweet-onion, finely cut
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 pieces jalapeño chile, seeded and minced
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 large cucumber, seed-less, finely chopped and sliced
- A fine mix of salt and pepper powder method
- Mix the tomatoes and onion nicely in a bowl, add a bit of salt and pepper powder. Let it marinate for a minute, then add the jalapeño and stir for 1 more minute.
- Now, add the lemon-concentrate and stir with a spoon for about 1 minute.
- Take out the mix and spread it on a plate uniformly.
- Dress it up with the cucumber slices and serve
Tomato Magic Sauce
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato, finely chopped
- ½ cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup onion, finely sliced
- 3 to 4 pieces red-chile, vertically sliced
- 2-3 pieces garlic, freshly-cut
- 2-3 pieces jalapeño chile, finely cut
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed method
- Add ½ cup onion, ½ cup tomato, green bell pepper and garlic pieces in a bowl and stir the mix with a spoon thoroughly.
- Add the salt and lemon juice and stir again for 1 more minute. Keep aside for 1 minute.
- Now, take the red chili, mix it with ½ cup tomatoes and grind into a fine puree. Add salt to taste and keep it in a small bowl.
- Now take the cilantros with 2 pieces of jalapeños and ½ cup onion. Grind them finely into a pure. Keep it aside in a small bowl.
- Mix both purees with the preparation of step 1 and serve fresh.