The Mexican Tortilla Veggie Roll is simple to prepare. It is quite healthy for you and your family. Children are particularly fond of it, especially when the ingredients are laced with fruits. The recipes are quite simple. Prepare the tortilla, spread the finely cut veggies and fruits and just serve.
Ingredients: 4 cups of plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp bacon fat 1
- ½ cup water You can add powdered spices like cardamom, fenugreek and green peppercorn if you wish
In a bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking powder. Add the lard and mix until crumbles are formed. Add the water and mix until you get a soft dough. Place the dough on a floured surface and knead until soft and supple. Divide the dough in 24 ball pieces. Heat a flat pan or comal at medium heat. With a roll, flatten the dough balls until thin and place them in the comal one by one. When the tortilla starts inflating and it is golden brown on the comal side, turn it over and cook until golden brown. Once cooked, place the tortillas in a kitchen cloth or tortillero to prevent them from cooling.
- 1/4 onion 1 carrot 1 tomato
- 1/4 cup of boiled green peas
- 1/2 cup of diced fruits If you are fond of dry fruits, go ahead and add them to the recipe.
- Cut all the veggies into fine slices.
- You can opt for raw veggies or boiled.
- Prepare a fine mix.
- Spread the mix on the tortilla; roll it into a fine spring roll and serve.